Who We Are
To achieve and maintain equal, legal rights and protections for the LGBTQ community in Arizona.
To make Arizona a state where LGBTQ persons are valued as full and equal members of society whose sexual orientation, gender identity or expression are viewed with legal and moral neutrality, and sexual and gender diversity are seen as something to celebrate.
- We advocate for local and statewide policies, practices and legislation that impact and protect the full and equal rights for the LGBTQ community — from marriage equality to nondiscrimination protections, and beyond.
- We elect candidates to local and statewide public office who will fight for the Equality Arizona purpose and mission, and the community we represent.
- We provide support for any issue, question or challenge our community members face at work, at home, and out in our community, connecting them to essential resources and protections.
- We educate about the importance of true and equal rights for every Arizonan, working to build and participate in collaborations and coalitions with advocacy organizations that share the values of and align with the purpose and mission of Equality Arizona.
Equality Arizona is comprised of three branches sharing a single mission and vision:
- Equality Arizona, an IRS 501 c(3) organization, is exclusively charitable, scientific, and educational for our community and the public at-large about issues impacting the LGBTQ community and our allies.
- Equality Arizona Advocacy Fund, an IRS 501 c(4) organization, is the state’s LGBTQ civil rights organization. We lead efforts at state and local levels through legislation and public policy, public education, coalition building, community building, and advocacy.
- Equality Arizona Advocacy Fund PAC endorses candidates and supports their campaigns with volunteer efforts and financial contributions. Through the efforts of the Equality Arizona Advocacy Fund PAC, we work to expand the number of elected officials in state and local government who support our issues and will fight for true equality for every Arizonan.